Exercise is important when it comes to chiropractic care. Chiropractors suggest to exercise during the day to maintain better posture. Exercise in the evening can help tired muscles and help restore circulation to parts of the body. Developing an exercise practice for 10 minutes a day can help increase your spinal and general health.
A few exercises to consider:
- Knees to Chest
- Sacroiliac Motion
- Supine Hamstring Stretch
- Abdominal Curl
You can learn more about these exercises by calling Dr. Jean’s office. Other than exercising, you can do more throughout the day to help your spine and other areas of your body. Consider the following suggestions for every day movement.
- When working around the house or garden, avoid working for long periods of time consecutively
- When standing stationary for long periods of time, reduce the stress on your lower back by resting one foot on a small object.
- If you are required to work at a computer and/or desk for the majority of the day, it is essential to take regular breaks and stretch throughout the day
- Drink two litres of water every day, even more on hot days
- Try to avoid sleeping with more than one pillow, and never sleep on a couch with your head resting on the armrest
These simple suggestions can alter your pain immensely. Consider these and more by talking to Dr. Jean about developing a regular exercise routine.