Desiring Health Specific Chiropractic
Chiropractor located in Fredericksburg, VA
At Desiring Health Specific Chiropractic, patients from Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania can enjoy a broad array of massage therapy techniques custom-tailored to suit their medical needs for overall health and wellness, as well as a reduction of stress and tension.
Massage Therapy Q & A
What is the benefit of massage therapy?
- It can help posture stress. According to the United States department of Labor, 39% of Americans in 2016 spent most of their job sitting down. Most posture stress is in the upper back and neck. However, if you schedule a regular massage, it will help the imbalance.
- It eases muscle pain. Massage therapy increases and improves the circulation in your feet, hands, and more.
- It can help feelings of anxiety and depression. Massage therapy can help you relax, not only your physical but mental state as well.
- It may improve sleep. Massage therapy can help promote restful sleep for those who don’t see much of it.
- It can boost immunity and relieve headaches. It may improve not only your central nervous system, but your overall health as well.
What are the types of massage I can choose from?
- Swedish: a gentle form of massage--helps relax the muscles and reenergize.
- Deep tissue: helps deep muscle injuries with firm pressure.
- Sports: similar to the Swedish, it focuses more on specific sport injuries.
- Trigger Point: focuses on areas in deep muscle fiber, specific to injury or overuse of the muscle.
- Neuromuscular: similar to Trigger Point, it can be the most effect on the back.
- Prenatal: offered to pregnant mothers who are often in need of release from discomfort caused by carrying the child.
- Cranial Sacral: alleviates stress within the head bone, spinal column, and sacrum.
- Assisted Stretching: can help alleviate muscle pain after workouts, with the help of a professional massage therapist. It can also help boost your mobility.
What can I expect during a massage?
- You will be asked about your medical history, including the recent symptoms you have related to the pain.
- If pressure if too light or too hard, let your massage therapist know. They will gladly accommodate to what feels good to you. Occasionally, there will be a sensitive spot in your muscle tissue that may feel different depending on how much pressure is applied.
What can I expect after a massage?
- No matter what kind of massage you choose, you should feel relaxed after the massage.
- You may even feel less tension in certain parts of your body, and you may feel more lucid movement than you have before.
- The feeling of anxiety and depression may lighten if you have experienced these in the past.
- Encourage yourself to come back and continue massage therapy if you think you may have chronic pain.
|Pricing on Packages per sessions|
|Package of 4||Package of 6||Package of 12|
Includes the following Modalities: Deep Tissue, Neuromuscular, prenatal, Cranial Sacral, Sports, Assisted Stretching, Swedish, or Trigger Point.
Conditions we Treat
Upper Cervical Caremore info
Chiropractic Caremore info
Massage Therapymore info
Back Painmore info
Neck Painmore info
Chiropractic Follow Upmore info
Pregnancy Caremore info
Upper Back Painmore info
Lower Back Pain/Sciaticamore info
Mid Back Painmore info