Are you considering chiropractic care?
Chiropractic care: Have you considered it, but don’t know enough about the practice? Read below about the benefits and goals of chiropractic treatment.
The main goal of a licensed chiropractor is to correct alignment problems, ease chronic pain, and support the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Chiropractors perform adjustments, or manipulations, to the spine and other parts of the body. Many get treatment for lower back and neck pain, along with headaches.
According to the Mayo Clinic, chiropractic adjustment is safe when it's performed by someone trained and licensed to deliver chiropractic care. During a typical chiropractic adjustment, your chiropractor places you in specific positions to treat affected areas. The chiropractor uses his or her hands to apply a controlled, sudden force to a joint, pushing it beyond its usual range of motion. The adjustment is gentle and specific.
Your chiropractor may suggest alternative methods of pain-relieving as well such as heat or ice, massage and/or stretching, electrical stimulation, exercise, or a weight loss program. Sometimes there are minor side effects for a few days after the adjustment. This may include a headache, or pain and fatigue in the body parts that have been treated.
Do you think chiropractic care is right for you? Not everyone responds to chiropractic adjustments, it mostly depends on what kind of pain you’re in. If your symptoms don't begin to improve after several weeks of treatments, chiropractic adjustment might not be the best option for you.
There are plenty of options around Fredericksburg, VA for chiropractic treatment. However, if you’re looking for one of the best in town, visit Dr. Jean Exume. He’ll help you find the right relief!
Questions to ask Dr. Jean Exume
Have you decided to accept Dr. Jean’s help? Excellent! Here are a few questions you may or may not consider to ask him . . .
The Important Questions
- Ask about the chiropractor’s education and licensure. Dr. Jean will gladly explain his background in chiropractic care to make you feel more comfortable before the adjustment takes place.
- Ask about typical out-of-pocket costs and insurance coverage. Most health care provides coverage for chiropractic care, but it is a limited amount of visits.
- Mention any medical conditions you have, and ask how the adjustment might affect it.
- Tell the chiropractor about any medications you’re taking.
Other Questions to Ask
- Can you tell me what is wrong and how you plan to treat the condition?
- How many treatments will I need? For how long?
- Are there side effects to your treatment? What symptoms should I report to you, if I experience any?
- Can you suggest exercises I can do at home to enhance treatment?
Tell all of your health care providers about any complementary health approaches you use. It’s better for them to keep up with the way Dr. Jean is adjusting your body, especially if it’s a major adjustment. As a gentle reminder, chiropractic care doesn’t work for everyone. But Dr. Jean hopes it works for you!
Dr. Jean is here to help. He specializes in Upper Cervical Care, lower back treatment, along with chronic neck pain. Find relief for yourself today!
Lower Back Pain: Treatment with Chiropractic Care